The Llamedos Holiday Camp is based in the Diplomat Hotel in Felinfoel, Llanelli, South Wales, SA15 3PJ, United Kingdom.
The Diplomat Hotel has 50 rooms, all of which are double/twin rooms. This means that not everyone will get to stay on site.
We will be arranging the bookings so please DO not contact the Diplomat Hotel as they will not be able to help you to book a room.
We also have a overflow hotel that we use named the Sessile Oak. We provide, for a small upcharge, a coach service to transport between sites.
We aim to give you all the information you need to make a decision about where you stay.
The Diplomat Hotel
The Diplomat Hotel is a charming hotel built in 1810 and is just a mile from the centre of Llanelli.
Each twin/double bedroom includes a TV, hairdyer, tea and coffee making facilites and an ensuite bathroom
Each resident will receive breakfast as part of their hotel booking and access to the New Eden Spa on site.
There is free parking and free Wifi at the Diplomat Hotel.
The Hotel has lifts to all floors.
We have produced a basic floorplan that should help navigate around the hotel.
Due to the size of the Hotel, Llamedos Holiday Camp suggests that all Guests find themselves a room-mate so as many as possible can stay on site.
It also works out cheaper for Guests to share a room as there is a Sole Occupancy rate.
If you are feeling particularly brave - you can camp on the hotel lawn.
We've negotiated a special room rate at the Diplomat for our 2024 event.
Diplomat Room Prices
- Two people sharing £130.00 per double / twin room per night.
- Single occupancy £99.00 per room per night (limited availability).
- Camping £25.00 per person per night (includes breakfast and use of spa)
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE DIPLOMAT HOTEL DIRECT - HOTEL BOOKINGS WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGH US IN AUGUST
The Sessile Oak
In 2022 we used the Sessile Oak for the first time. Based on the feedback we received we have decided to use is again as our primary overspill hotel in 2024.
The Sessile Oak is located approximately two miles from the Diplomat hotel. According to Google Maps it would take around 40 minutes to walk it - and there are some interesting hills along the way.
Again, (subject to enough people wanting the service) for a small upcharge we will arrange for a coach to pick you up from the Sessile Oak on both Saturday and Sunday and will arrange a minibus service to take you back each evening.
Note: From our experience there are very few local taxis and no Ubers in Llanelli.
The Sessile Oak Room Prices
- Twin / Double £183.00 - check in Friday 1st and check out Monday 4th (Total for 3 nights)
- Family Rooms £198.00 - check in Friday 1st and check out Monday 4th (Total for 3 nights)
- Check in from 2pm
- Check out by 11am
- Free Parking
- Electric car charging points available
- Breakfast NOT included but available at extra cost
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE SESSILE OAK DIRECT - HOTEL BOOKINGS WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGH US IN AUGUST
You are, of course, free to locate other accomodation in the area. There are a number of local hotels and guest houses.
- The Thomas Arms Hotel - approximately 0.9 miles away
- Travelodge: Llanelli Central - approximately 1.3 miles away
- The Angharad Hotel - Llanelli - approximately 1.6 miles away
- Premier Inn: Llanelli Central West - approximately 2 miles away
- Premier Inn: Llanelli Central East - approximately 2.3 miles away
- Llwyn Country House - Llanelli - approximately 3 miles away
There is also a
proper camping and caravan site just 1.3 miles away.
- Please arrange your own booking with these hotels.
- The Stradey Park Hotel is being converted to accomodation for asylum seekers.